JOB TITLE: Pre-Employment Case Workers
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Wednesday, December 5, 2018
TERM: ASAP – March 31, 2019 (With possibility of renewal)
- Pinaymootang First Nation (1)
- Peguis First Nation (2),
- Little Saskatchewan First Nation (1),
- Lake Manitoba First Nation (1)
SALARY: Depending on Experience
The Pre-employment program offers case management, education, life skills and employment supports to social assistance clients who desire to gain skills to overcome barriers in the areas of employment, training and education. Supports may include resume writing, first aid and safety courses, university/college campus visits, job shadowing opportunities, life skills training/teaching, cultural teachings, aptitude testing, referrals.
Under the direction and supervision of the Case Worker Coordinator, the Case Workers will be responsible for the engagement of social clients and the implementation of programming in our Member First Nations with Social Development Program and I.R.T.C. staff. Case management includes the in-take process, employability assessment and planning, development of Actions Plans for participants, with consistent monitoring and follow up and reporting. You will be responsible for up to a minimum of 50 clients in respective first nations.
Case workers will work with Social Development Departments of respective First Nations and will report to the IRTC Case Worker Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Intake process from community awareness, application, approval, implementation.
- Review and develop case plans with clients that are realistic, measurable and have client best interests in mind.
- Scheduling of pre-employment supports for clients (dates, locations, travel arrangements, client incentives).
- Continual monitoring of client case plans and reporting monthly to supervisor.
- Follow funding regulations required for client files.
- Build relationships and networks in first nation community.
- Work with partners in education, labor market, job training or other partnerships.
- Attend meetings as required.
Qualifications and Conditions of Employment
- Bachelor of Social Work, and /or 1 – 3 years in Case Management or equivalent.
- Financial knowledge and experience.
- Possess effective listening, communication and assessment skills.
- Present written and verbal information clearly.
- Strong advocacy skills when dealing with clients.
- Demonstrate excellent work habits.
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule in a timely manner.
- Actively participate as a team player with co-workers.
- Always Adhere to confidentiality with client.
- Computer knowledge.
- Possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s License
- Preference will be given to First Nation candidates of each community.
- Provide Criminal Record Check
- Provide Child Abuse Check.
- Willing to attend training as required.
- Must have valid driver’s license, be available to travel and have access to a vehicle
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and three (3) written reference letters (preferably from present and past employers) to:
Attention: Darlene Bird, Case Worker Coordinator at email@example.com or Fax No: 1 (204) 942-8840.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.