JOB TITLE: Jordan’s Principle Wellness Coordinator
TERM: ASAP – March 31, 2019 (with possibility of renewal)
POST: IRTC Winnipeg Sub-Office
SALARY: TBD (based on education & experience)
Under the Supervision of the Jordan’s Principle Service Coordinator, the Jordan’s Principle Wellness Coordinator will be part of a 3 person team. This team’s main objective is to build capacity in the communities while assisting Member Community Jordan’s Principle front-line workers in ensuring children and their families have access to the health and social services they need, when they need them, and to ensure that they do not experience denials, delays, or disruptions of services due to jurisdictional disputes.
The Jordan’s Principle Case Manager’s main focus area will be Mental Health and Wellness support and capacity building for IRTC communities based on strengths based approach and protective factors within IRTC communities.
• Work collaboratively with the IRTC Wellness Team
• Assist in coordinating comprehensive client services
• Participate in developing strategies, policies, procedures, program evaluation and Wellness Plans
• Assess the deficits with service systems and the need to protect children through early intervention sharing of information, effective co-ordination of services and appropriate training
• Assist in developing work plans and updating service delivery plans
• PMHN, BN, RN or BSW from a recognized educational institution and in good standing with respective regulatory body
• Experience working in a mental health and wellness field
• Knowledge of Federal/Provincial Health Care Systems.
• Knowledge of Jordan’s Principle – Child first initiative
• Knowledgeable and respect for First Nations cultural practices, traditions, and customs
• Health & Wellness Certification (I.e., ASIST 11, Mental Health First Aid, , safeTALK, CPR, etc.) a definite asset
• Must have excellent oral (including public speaking) and written skills
• Must be computer literate and have experience working with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• CPR and First Aid certification
• Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License at all times and be available to work flexible hours and be able to travel
• Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check to be submitted
• Preference will be given to qualified IRTC Member First Nation person
Please provide a cover letter, resume and three written references (preferably from past and present employers) to:
Donna Hall, Program Manager no later than 4:30 p.m. April 27, 2018
Fax: (204) 942-8840
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.