Job Title: Jordan’s Principle Unified Referral and Intake Systems Nurse (URIS Nurse)
Term: Term Position Only
Location: IRTC Sub-Office – Headingley, MB
Salary: Depends on Experience
Under the Direction and supervision of the Jordan’s Principle Service Coordinator and leadership of the IRTC Director of Health, the URIS Nurse provides support to children with health care needs of IRTC’s Member First Nation communities in collaboration with their families (Dauphin River, Kinonjeoshtegon, Little Saskatchewan, Peguis, Pinaymootang, Lake Manitoba).
The URIS Nurse functions, in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses (CRNM) Standards of Practice and is bound by the Registered Nurse Act and the Registered Nurse Regulation, and the Canadian Nurses’ Association Code of Ethics are in the manner consistent with, and supports the mission, vision, and values of the Interlake Reserves Tribal Council and its Member First Nations.
- Receive, advocate and prioritize URIS applications for service
- Consult with Member community Jordan’s Principle frontline workers and provincial URIS Coordinator as required
- Provide support to children and their families by direct support, intake, and assessment
- Complete medical needs assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluations
- Make referrals to community service providers based on completed assessments
- Develop and review health care plans for eligible children in partnership with parents/guardians
- Provide resources/referrals to access health care and community programs as needed
- Maintain an accurate service and administrative log and maintains required statistics
- Attend regular network meetings
- Satisfactorily employment record
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree as RN/BN
- Current active registration in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Current CPR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & First Aid Training requirements for this position shall be completed and renewed.
- Understanding of the Unified Referral and Intake System
- Knowledge of Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and using intermediate features associated with a Windows computer environment
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License and own vehicle are required. Require a road worthy vehicle, a valid driver’s license and liability insurance of at least $1,000,000.00. No hazardous or significantly unpleasant
Please provide a cover letter with your resume and three (3) reference letters (preferably from recent employers) to:
Donna Hall, Program Administrative Officer no later than 4:30 pm, Friday, July 9, 2021
Fax: (204) 942-8840 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are asked to self-declare in their cover letter or resume.
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered