JOB TITLE: Jordan’s Principle Service Coordinator
POST: IRTC Winnipeg Sub-Office
SALARY: TBD (based on education & experience)
The Interlake Reserves Tribal Council is seeking an innovative individual with strong case management skills for the position of Tribal Jordan’s Principle Service Coordinator. This is a relatively new program focusing on all First Nations children living on–reserve, who have disabilities or complex needs. This program will ensure those children and their families have access to the health and social services they need, when they need them, and to ensure that they do not experience denials, delays, or disruptions of services due to jurisdictional disputes.
Under the direction of the Tribal Nursing Officer, the Jordan’s Principle Services Coordinator will supervise the Jordan’s Principle Case Manager and Jordan’s Principle Wellness Coordinator. This team will be responsible to plan, implement, deliver and evaluate the Jordan’s
Principle-CFI program at the Tribal Council level, as well as supporting the Jordan’s Principle programs in each of the affiliated and independent communities in the IRTC region.
• BN, RN or BSW from a recognized educational institution.
• Current registration and in good standing with respective regulatory body.
• Knowledgeable and respect for First Nations cultural practices, traditions, and customs.
• Must have excellent oral and written skills.
• Must be computer literate and have experience working with computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Federal/Provincial Health Care Systems.
• CPR and First Aid certification.
• Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License at all times and be willing to travel.
• Criminal Record check and Child Abuse Registry Check to be submitted.
• Experience working within a First Nation organization and/or ability to speak/understand the Ojibwe language would be considered an asset.
• The ideal candidate would be innovative, professional, with thorough knowledge of community health services and programs.
• Preference will be given to qualified IRTC Member First Nation person.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and three written references (preferably from past and employers) to:
Donna Hall, Program Manager no later than 4:30 p.m. April 27, 2018
Fax: (204) 942-8840 Email: email@example.com.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.