March 26, 2020
Public health officials advise one additional probable case of COVID-19 has been identified, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 36 at this time.
- For the most up-to-date, factual, information on COVID-19 please visit manitoba.ca/covid19/
- Interlake Eastern RHA testing sites:
Selkirk (1st drive-thru testing site) Eriksdale – 35 Railway Avenue Pine Falls
Please call your local Health Centre for further information on COVID-19 testing sites and resources
Manitoba is declared a State of Emergency as of 11:00 am – March 20, 2020
- The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority has set up a call line and email to answer questions from First Nation people and The number is 204-940- 8880 and 1-877-940-8880 weekdays 8:00 am – 9:00 pm and weekends 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. email@example.com
- Handwashing technique recommended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d914EnpU4Fo
Interlake Reserves Tribal Council initially took on the efforts to obtain supplies for the IRTC First Nation Communities. Moving forward, Indigenous Services Canada ISC (formally know as INAC) will be providing funding directly to each First Nation for basic supplies and food security.
Please see your leadership for further information
Please Note: this is for ON-RESERVE ONLY
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR MEMBER COMMUNITY’S CHIEF AND COUNCIL FOR PICK UP AND DISTRIBUTION.
The following in-office essential service’s schedule is as follows:
|March 23 – 27, 2020
Cindy Garson 431-334-8761
Marcie Tavares 204-803-0700
Donna Thompson 204-302-0959
|IRTC Wellness Team
Sheri Gould 204-302-0078
Marcie Tavares 204-803-0700
Treena McPherson 204-302-1344
|March 30 – April 3, 2020
Karl Zadnik 204-956-7413
Liz Bone 204-782-3651
Courtney McLean 204-619-7914
Alyssa Monkman 431-338-4349
Millie Anderson 204-891-3409
Martin McLean 204-280-0232
All IRTC Staff are available continuously via email and cell should you need to contact them.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
IRTC Education Update
- IRTC Student Services program provides Post Secondary and Private Home Placement education funding to Dauphin River, Little Saskatchewan and Pinaymootang
Monthly allowance disbursements will be distributed as usual without disruption.
Social Development Update
Due to COVID19 virus issues and preventative measures of social distancing, I.S.C. (Indigenous Services Canada) has stated all annual IA document reviews scheduled for First Nations are delayed at this time until risk subsides. As bulletins come out from the Social Department, we will forward to all IRTC communities on changes for Quarterly reporting.
PESP Program – The PESP Program has temporarily cancelled all planned programming until further notice. I.S.C. has confirmed any surpluses in programming can be carried forward past March 31, 2020 deadline.
Emergency Management Update
It’s important to remember that our best approach to overcoming any emergency is through preventative rather than reactive measures. Both the province of Manitoba and Southern Chiefs Organization have declared a State of Emergency. Effective March 20th the provincial State of Emergency has declared the following be implicated for 30 days:
- No gatherings over 50 people allowed
- Two-metre distances must be enforced in any stores that can stay open
- Grocery stores, shopping centres, pharmacies & gas stations can stay open
- Gyms, bingo halls and gaming centres must close
- 50-person limit not applicable for healthcare or social service facilities1
- Penalties for violation are up to 6 months in jail or a $50K fine or individuals2
It’s also important to make sure you are getting information from a reliable source. Please refer to
your local health centre if you have questions or concerns.