COVID-19 PANDEMIC BULLETIN # 4
March 23, 2020
- The total number of lab-confirmed positive and presumptive positive cases in Manitoba is now 20
- For the most up-to-date, factual, information on COVID-19 please visit manitoba.ca/covid19/
- Interlake Eastern RHA testing sites: Selkirk (1st drive-thru testing site)
- Eriksdale – opening up Wednesday, March 25, 2020 Pine Falls https://www.ierha.ca
Please call your local Health Centre for further information on COVID-19 testing sites and resources
- Manitoba is declared a State of Emergency as of 11:00 am – March 20, 2020
- The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority has set up a call line and email to answer questions from First Nation people and The number is 204-940-8880 and 1-877-940-8880 weekdays 8:00 am – 9:00 pm and weekends 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. email@example.com
- Handwashing technique recommended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d914EnpU4Fo
Interlake Reserves Tribal Council initially took on the efforts to obtain supplies for the IRTC First Nation Communities. Moving forward, Indigenous Services Canada ISC (formally know as INAC) will be providing funding directly to each First Nation for basic supplies and food security.
Please see your leadership for further information
Please Note: this is for ON-RESERVE ONLY
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR MEMBER COMMUNITY’S CHIEF AND COUNCIL FOR PICK UP AND DISTRIBUTION.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The following in-office essential service’s schedule is as follows:
March 23 – 27, 2020
Cindy Garson 431-334-8761
Marcie Tavares 204-803-0700
Donna Thompson 204-302-0959
March 30 – April 3, 2020
Seetta Roccola 204-782-0592
Liz Bone 204-782-3651
Courtney McLean 204-619-7914
IRTC Wellness Team
All IRTC Staff are available continuously via email and cell should you need to contact them.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
IRTC Education Update
* IRTC Student Services program provides Post Secondary and Private Home Placement education funding to Dauphin River, Little Saskatchewan and Pinaymootang students.
Monthly allowance disbursements will be distributed as usual without disruption.
Social Development Update
Due to COVID19 virus issues and preventative measures of social distancing, I.S.C. (Indigenous Services Canada) has stated all annual IA document reviews scheduled for First Nations are delayed at this time until risk subsides. As bulletins come out from the Social Department, we will forward to all IRTC communities on changes for Quarterly reporting.
PESP Program – The PESP Program has temporarily cancelled all planned programming until further notice. I.S.C. has confirmed any surpluses in programming can be carried forward past March 31, 2020 deadline.
Updates will be provided on changes