Thursday, September 10th, 2020
Public health officials advise the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.2 per cent and 15 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today. However, a case was removed as it was determined to be from out of province and a second case was removed due to duplication. This brings the total net new cases today to 13 and number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 1,378.
The data shows:
- Two cases in Interlake-Eastern Health region
- Two cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- Two case in the Southern Health region
- Nine cases in the Winnipeg health region
The data also shows:
- 360 active cases and 1002 individuals have recovered from COVID-19
- there are 11 people in hospital and three people in intensive care
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 16
PANDEMIC RESPONSE LEVEL UPDATE
COVID-19 CONTACT & EXPOSURE UPDATE: September 10, 2020
Public health officials are advising that a confirmed case of COVID-19 attended Churchill High School, located at 510 Hay St. in Winnipeg, and used Winnipeg Transit on Tuesday, Sept. 8.
The student, in Grade 7, Room 20, was a case identified yesterday and attended school for a limited time while asymptomatic. The school and cohort are being notified, and cleaning protocols have commenced out of an abundance of caution.
The risk is deemed low as physical distancing was maintained while at school and a mask was worn on the bus and in school the entire time. There are no close contacts connected to the case and Public Health has not advised anyone to self-isolate. Others who were at the sites on Monday do not need to self-isolate, but should self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
Times of exposures and the bus route are listed online and can be found at: www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event.
The Public Health investigation indicates that transmission was not acquired at school.
- Public health officials are advising of two potential exposure to COVID-19 may have occurred:
- 1 to 3 at Lilac Resort (Trans-Canada Highway, Ste. Anne); and
- 5, Air Canada flight AC 295 departing from Winnipeg to Vancouver (rows 19 to 25). The risk is low and times of exposures are listed at www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event.
IRTC in-office essential services schedule:
All IRTC Staff are available continuously via cellphone and email