The Interlake Tribal Division for Schools administers the Post-Secondary and Private Home Placement (High School) Programs for the following First Nations of the Interlake Reserves Tribal Council Inc.
- Pinaymootang First Nation - Post-Secondary and Private Home Placement
- Dauphin River First Nation - Post-Secondary and Private Home Placement
- Lake Manitoba First Nation - Private Home Placement
- Little Saskatchewan First Nation - Post-Secondary
Post-Secondary Programs eligible for funding include University, Community College, and University College Entrance Preparation (UCEP). UCEP programs must have Grade-12 as an entrance requirement and must be at least eight months in duration. Please note that the application deadline date is March 15th each year for the Post-Secondary Program.
Private Home Placement
The Private Home Placement program allows for students of the above mentioned First Nations to be placed elsewhere in other schools.
* The recommended program is not available in the home community and;
* Students and parents must be living on reserve.
Applications for Educational Assistance (for both programs) may be obtained from the address above (call or drop by).
The Interlake Tribal Division for Schools office is located in the Interlake Reserves Tribal Council (IRTC) building at Pinaymootang First Nation. Applications may be obtained at the IRTC Office, at Manitoba Indian Education Association office in Winnipeg or click on the link below.
Counselling Services Provided for Both Programs
- Registration Process
Interlake Tribal Division for Schools
General Delivery, Fairford, MB R0C 0X0
Toll Free: 866-310-2356
Education Director - Alan Letandre (email@example.com)
Support Services - Freda Woodhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org)