JOB TITLE: Director of Health
TERM: Asap – March 31, 2019 (with possibility of renewal)
POST: IRTC Winnipeg Sub-Office
SALARY: TBD (based on education & experience)
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Health will oversee the Tribal Councils Health Programs
- Managing the existing health programs and services mandating by IRTC.
- Act as an intermediary for funding agencies related to reporting.
- Ensure the completeness of reporting for various health programs.
- Developing and maintaining working relationship with IRTC member First Nations Government agencies.
- Representing IRTC as directed by the CEO on different health related boards and committees.
- Maintain awareness of community program needs and opportunities. Conducting community consultations for the development of programs required.
- Working with other First Nations and other health care agencies and service providers to ensure adequate community based health services are developed and support.
- Advocate for First Nation in the delivery of health care services to ensure quality programs are delivered within the communities.
- Liaison with government and other agencies and maintain a mutual awareness of First Nation priorities, health projects & initiatives, policies, and mediation actions.
- Attending and presenting at meetings, assemblies and other forums as requested.
- Coordinating and supporting IRTC health staff and community health care management and staff in the development and operation of community base programs and services.
- To communicate regularly with the CEO and IRTC member communities Health Directors as well as providing a monthly written report.
- Ensure staff are performing their job responsibilities, work plan activities are being completed and budgets are being followed.
- Performing other professional duties as assigned by IRTC Health Advisory Board and Chiefs of IRTC.
- University degree in business or related discipline, combined with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Health programming, and some senior management accepted.
- Thorough knowledge of community health services and programs, specifically Provincial and Federal.
- Excellent and thorough knowledge and experience working with Aboriginal organizations and communities in a health field capacity
- Experience in program budgeting and fiscal management
- Accomplished leader and manager with demonstrated ability to build highly motivated and energized team
- Personal qualities include innovative, professional, high integrity, energetic, sound judgment and decision maker, exceptional communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Preference will be given to qualified IRTC Member First Nation person.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and three written references (preferably from past and present employers) to:
Donna Hall, Program Manager
Fax: (204) 942-8840
Deadline: No later than 4:30 p.m. May 4, 2018
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.