JOB TITLE: Tribal Youth Coordinator
PROGRAM: Social Development “Skills Link Program”
LOCATION: IRTC Sub-Office – Headingly, Manitoba
SALARY: $18.00 Hourly
START DATE: ASAP
Under the direction and supervision of I/Social Development Advisor, the Tribal Youth Coordinator will assist each of the six communities Youth Coordinators with delivering their “Income Assistance if not an Option” program.
- Promote the advantages of higher education, work training skills & entrepreneurship amongst Member First Nation communities.
- Facilitate workshops and assist the Community Youth Workers in developing workshops in the community and providing resources
- Deliver regular updates to IRTC Management, Chiefs, Member First Nation communities and other various tables
- Assist Community Youth Workers in collecting and distributing resources material (pamphlets, supplies, etc.)
- Assistant I/Social Development Advisor with daily office duties, (filing, answering phones, developing resource material, develop and replenish the Tribal Council’s resource library, update Tribal Council community contacts lists
- Develop and maintain social media on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Attend regular face-to-face, conference call and zoom meetings
- Must be between the ages of 18 – 29 years
- Must be on Social Assistance and willing to discontinue Income Assistance Benefits
- Must have Grade 12 or higher
- Must have references that include your ability to maintain highly confidential information and your ability to get along with others in the office and in the community
- More than 2 years, experience working with youth
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of community resources on and off reserve available to youth
- Must have a class 5 drivers’ license, have access to a registered and reliable vehicle and ability to travel
Please provide a cover letter with your resume and two (2) reference letters to:
Donna Hall, Program Administrative Officer: Fax: 204-942-8840 Email: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, October 2nd, 2020. Only those selected will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected will be contacted.